If I am going to be impotent I want to look impotent!
Okay…one more time.
- sex drive is called libido and is dependent on testosterone
- testosterone is not affected by removing the prostate
- testosterone is produced by the testicles and gets into the body through the blood stream independent of the prostate
- potency is the ability to get an erection
- an erection after prostatectomy is a function of sparing the nerves
- a prostatectomy does not affect the testicles or the level of the males hormones or testosterone
- it is possible to have a very high libido and not have the ability of having an erection (which can happen after any treatment of prostate cancer)
- fertility is the ability to have children which is unrelated to potency or libido…but will go away with a prostatectomy but may not with radiation of the prostate
So…In answer to the search question…Sex drive or libido which is hormonally driven… will…
View original post 213 more words