Prostate cancer decision making is multi-factorial. It may surprise you that “cure” is not the only thing to consider.
What’s best for the cancer may not be best for you!
- When you compare the survival rates at fifteen years regardless of the treatment chosen…it is about the same for all treatment choices.
- So…if you do about the same as far as curing the cancer then one begins to really look at the side effects of the various choices and what you have to go through to have a particular treatment.
- Surgery done with the robot takes about three hours, you stay in the hospital a day, you wear a catheter about a week.
- Radioactive seed therapy takes about an hour and half to do, you don’t wear a catheter, and it is done as an out patient.
- So far seed therapy is winning in terms of the procedure itself…you have seen the radioactive seed commercials haven’t you? Treatment one day and playing golf soon after. Quite the compelling argument. But let us continue might we?
- Both removal and seeds…
View original post 208 more words