Common searches about sex that end up on my site and some other various tidbits for you…
- Having sex the night before having a PSA drawn can elevate the value.
- Having sex before the Prostatic Acid Phosphatase will probably elevate the value.
- A rectal exam before having the PSA drawn will not elevate the value.
- A rectal exam before a PAP will elevate the value.
- You don’t get cancer if you have sex with a man with prostate cancer. (Good try ladies.)
- Your libido doesn’t change (physiologically wise) after the prostate is removed.
- Climax after radiation or radical prostatectomy still occurs but the character of which may change…for the better or worse.
- In both radiation or prostatectomy the male’s climax… will be dry or no fluid.
- You can have sex before a prostate biopsy.
- You can have sex after a prostate biopsy…expect blood in the semen. It looks dramatic but is harmless. It will stop … in time.
- If you have chosen radiation because you expect to “spare” your sexual function…think again and research again.
- There is a bit of luck in being potent after “any” treatment of the prostate. Sorry proton guys…sorry robotic guys whose doctor said he “spared” the nerves.
- You are infertile after treatment, not impotent.
- You are less likely to preserve sexual function if your function is waning before treatment. i.e. the guy with a 10 function will do better than the one with a 6.
So…Pick your poison.